20 March, 2008

Writing the Will of Mother Earth

Leave these gifts for my children untouched...



Leave my beauty for those who truly enjoy it
Leave the eagles in the skies
Leave the trout in the rivers
Leave the bears in the dark forest
Leave the moles in the soft ground
Leave the ants to their gathering
Leave the wolves at the crest of the hill
Leave the buffalo to their barren home
Leave the butterflies to their silk cocoons
Leave the spiders to their fragile webs
Leave the lions to their prideful slumber
Leave the leopards to their treetop acrobatics
Leave the elephants to their dreary tromp
Leave the snakes wrapped on their tree limbs
Leave the horses to their majestic gallop
Leave the squirrels to their playful chatter
Leave the dogs to their lively tumbles
Leave the owls to their night watch


And please forgive my children...


...For they know not what they do.


Jesster Ketchupp


I write for the same reason I breathe, it's the only thing keeping me alive...

No comments: